Sunday, January 16, 2011

An Unexpected Absence


If you're reading this post, then I assume that you're wondering where I've been all this time. I never would have imagined that being away from my blog would cause certain changes in me. Their not bad changes... more like little realizations about myself. To start, I'm sure it would make sense to explain my absence from the blogosphere. During the Christmas vacation, there was a family emergency. My Uncle had to spend the holiday in the hospital. I don't want to get into too much details about what happened, after all my family life is private. I will say that Christmas wasn't exactly enjoyable but the New Year was certainly a welcoming fresh start for everyone.


I thank God that my Uncle managed to recover and that he is safe and secure at home now, taking time off from his job. It was because of this situation that I couldn't blog or do any of the plans that I had made during my 2 week vacation. Instead, I wanted to comfort my Aunt and help her around the house. The same with my grandma. Of course, Life is simply filled with the unexpected and sometimes we just need to make the best of things. It wasn't until a few days before I had to go back to college for the Spring Term, that I was able to log onto my various online accounts and catch up on what I missed.


I will say that I was rather shocked when I logged onto blogger and saw that I had lost 5 followers from The Heart of Dreams. I always wondered what my blogger friends meant when they talk about losing followers. I guess I can say that I finally know what they meant. It does shock and leave you a bit confused, but oh well. You just have to take it as a grain of salt and just move forward.


Although I couldn't blog during my absence, I have managed to read 4 books already! I am currently  working on a schedule for this week. I hope to post several reviews and get back to participating in my favorite memes, such as the Blog Hop! 


I do have quite a lot to say but I'd rather talk about these things in another post. I hope you keep a lookout for it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment